Wednesday, May 10, 2006

My turn to get mushy...

So here I am typing at the airport lounge, my first night away from my little girl, with a gaping hole in my heart. Deep inside, I know that she's going to be ok. Yaya is there and so is my brother-in-law. I'm just going to miss her so much. I don't know how many times I kissed her and hugged her today. When she saw that I was dressed to go out, she said "bye" and "see you tommorow". I've told her over the past several days that we were going on a trip and wasn't joining us and she seems to understand but I know she doesn't understand how long we'll be gone. I know I have to be strong and I'm sure that I'll enjoy our vacation but I wish I didn't have to leave her behind. I know the ladies of The Thursday group will look after her and I am eternally grateful to have friends like you that I can count on. Give her a kiss for me everytime you see her. I'll see you all when I get back.

2 Comments:

Blogger ragamuffin girl said...

Awww... It must have been heart-wrenching for you last Wednesday night,I know how attached you are to your little girl. Don't worry, we'll keep her distracted this coming week! You and Poch and your in-laws soak up all the history and magnificence and culinary wonders of Europe.

9:28 PM, May 12, 2006  
Blogger Pam said...

Believe me, I am soaking up more than I should of the culinary wonders of Europe. Eating the Italian way and enjoy an antipasti, a primi, a secondi and dessert is not the way to lose weight. I can feel my tummy and hips expanding at the end of each day. The amount of walking I do is not enough to counteract the effects of good food.

4:30 AM, May 14, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home