Monday, April 10, 2006

Queer Eye

My hubby, the prince of queer (I would never dare call him King, that honor belongs to either Poch or Mickey, or both) has just gleefully announced plans to improve my sad wardrobe (see Skeletons in My Closet) by creating coordinates for sporty dawn, lan kwai dawn, sunday brunch dawn, churchgoing dawn, etc... you get the picture. He relishes the makeover from drab and dowdy to fashionista. I don't think I'm up to it. Unless he's there to plan my head-to-toe ensemble each and every time I step out, I would probably shimmy into my lazy clothes and disappoint the fashion beast in him.

The prince also bought mind-bogglingly bizaare Puma blue suede shoes, something I would never ever even think of trying on. As usual, they look good on him.

He has sexier legs than I do, with less hair. If he were a trannie (Bryanboy's fave word), stilettos would be his trademark. Too bad for me, I lost the shapely legs and tiny ankle lottery and ended up with hairy elephantine lower limbs and chunky ankles (thanks to my father's side).

It's ok though. The sturdy legs are useful when I'm on a balancing act, trying to replace busted light bulbs or mending loose cupboard screws; carrying my boy while traipsing around Central; or lifting seriously heavy pots and pans, its contents brimming and burning hot.

I wonder, when will my prince come home to the wonderful sight of a dolled-up princess?
Knowing me, maybe never.

I'm one lucky frog he loves me the way I am, lack of make-up and trendy clothes, elephant legs, glasses, unkempt hair and all. And I love him just the way he is, a queer eye for a straight gal.

3 Comments:

Blogger shyguy said...

Hmmm...I can't see why you are in need of a make-over but if it's an excuse to go shopping for some new clothes then great! Not that you need it though!

1:50 AM, April 11, 2006  
Blogger Pam said...

Dawn, let's put it this way... if we shopped like our husbands, then, we'll never be able to save enough to retire early. :) Thank you for nominating my husband as a candidate for king of queer but I think that throne belongs to Mickey alone. He wears several brands while my hubby just sticks to one.

6:56 PM, April 11, 2006  
Blogger mayapapaya said...

Hindi daw siya king, mas mayaman daw si Poch. And now he only buys stuff on sale. But thanks for the shoutout!

Smiley face.

12:58 AM, May 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home