Monday, October 03, 2005

Love Can Move... Roaches!

Pam shared her story about Katrina throwing up and how she caught her spew. What a mother would do when their child is not feeling well. It made me wonder what I would do. I found out tonight what I'm capable of.

I was checking up on Sam awhile ago in his crib and to my horror, saw a ROACH crawl past his head inside the crib!!! I couldn't squish it right there, so in my panic, I actually scooped it up with my hand! YUCK!!! I has horrified and grossed out feeling it squirming in my hand. I quickly grabbed the closest thing, which was a perfectly new diaper and wrapped the sucker in there and squished it! I still can't believe I did that! What love can do I tell ya!

I HATE roaches! Die roaches die!!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Pam said...

I hear ya! You do what you have to do.

12:22 AM, October 04, 2005  
Blogger midicrux said...

When Sofia was about a year old and had just learned to walk, she slipped on one of her toys. I don't know how it happened, but I managed to dive low enough so that my hand would catch her head, some two inches from the floor.

Benj suddenly gasped, "How did you do that?"

To this day I haven't a clue. Yet, every time I fail to block Sofia from hits or blows, I get really angry with myself, because I know I could do it, if only I paid more attention to her.

Sigh, what I do for love! :))

5:56 PM, October 04, 2005  
Blogger shyguy said...

Yeah, we all become superwoman for our loved ones. I know I would take a bullet for Jay ... and I will probably shoot-to-kill for my kid!

10:43 PM, October 04, 2005  
Blogger shyguy said...

But roaches are another story... sorry, but I don't do roaches. As Gollum would say, "weeee haatesss roachessss...."

10:45 PM, October 04, 2005  
Blogger ragamuffin girl said...

We attended a wake when I was 8 months preggy and a huge flower arrangement almost fell on Derrick. I managed to straighten the thing up, save Derrick from a "fatal" blow haha, and protect my tummy at the same time. Love can bring about extraordinary strength, perfect timing, thinking and reflexes so quick it's unbelievable.

Having said that, I have to admit lizards aren't my thing. Joaquin might have to protect me from them at this very young age.

3:45 AM, October 06, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home